Turks & Caicos offers one of the best climates in the Caribbean. With an average 350 days of sunshine and refreshing tradewinds that normally keep humidity at bay, visitors normally find Turks and Caicos weather pleasant year-round.
Even a breezy day in the sun can still prompt a desire for a cool treat. When it’s time to “beat the heat” on a Turks & Caicos vacation, here are our recommendations for ice cream and frozen yogurt shops:
- The Patty Place– Devon House ice cream, proclaimed to be one of the best ice creams in the world, is served at this popular patty and ice cream store in La Petit Place adjacent to Ports of Call plaza. The ice cream is particularly refreshing if you first eat one of the spicy Jamaican patties served at this popular food outlet.
- Melt– Melt is located at Regent Village. While it enjoys a great reputation for its ice cream sundaes, you can also indulge in pastries and coffee drinks there in the morning. The venue is equally entertaining; try on costumes, ride a toy horse, even sip a glass of champagne as you sit on the terrace and watch the world go by.
- Turkberry Frozen Yogurt– If fro-yo is your preference over ice cream, head to Turkberry Frozen Yogurt at Regent Village. There are a variety of yogurt flavors and toppings to choose from, and the portion sizes are generous.
- Jammin Gelato– Beach time is precious when you are on vacation, so Jammin Gelato has the solution. They bring their homemade gelato to you! Watch for their cart on Grace Bay beach. You can expect to see them shortly after noon in front of the Alexandra Resort. If you miss them on the beach, visit their shop (at La Vista Azul resort in Turtle Cove), which is normally open from 4pm until 9pm.
- Shay Café and Lounge – Another great spot for gelato on Providenciales is the Shay Café and Lounge, at Le Vele Plaza, a short walk from Regent Village and Saltmills Plaza on Grace Bay Rd. They also serve crepes, French toast and delicious coffee.
The Alexandra Resort is located a short distance from these ice cream and yogurt shops. The resort offers complimentary use of pedal bikes, so visitors can choose to walk or cycle for a refreshing treat.
The Alexandra Resort four star, beachfront resort features 90 suites and a variety of guest services and facilities to keep families and couples alike entertained on vacation. Beach House is a 21-suite boutique resort also right on Grace Bay Beach complete with large, family style accommodations and complimentary watersports. Blue Haven Resort & Marina is located in Leeward and is home to some of the best water sports providers in the islands operating right out of the marina, and the location is the perfect spot for exploring all of the beautiful Turks & Caicos Islands.