In the morning, you will be transferred to the train station to board the Expedition train to Aguas Calientes, a small town located below Machu Picchu. You will enjoy a spectacular train journey crossing valleys, mountains and typical communities. A magical journey never to be forgotten. The altitude will descend to 1900 m.a.s.l. crossing from the sierra to the cloud forests.
Upon arriving at Aguas Calientes, at the coordinated time, take lunch. After lunch, reception at the train station and transfer to the bus station to board your regular bus uphill to Machu Picchu (approximately 20 minutes). On arrival to Machu Picchu you will begin your tour of the Citadel where you will appreciate the history of this enigmatic and impressive place.
This stone citadel, located 112 km from Cusco, was discovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911. The citadel was built on a very special spot covered in vegetation between two mountains: the Machu Picchu (old mountain) and Huayna Picchu (young mountain), at the foot of which meanders the Urubamba or Vilcanota River (lower Jungle featuring abundant flora and fauna).
Later, you will descend to Aguas Calientes and at a coordinated time you will be transferred to the train station to board your return train to Cusco. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel.
- Travel round trip form Ollantaytambo by Peru Rail’s Expedition Train
- Explore the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu
- Enjoy a local lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Visit Machu Picchu, Lost Citadel of Incas
- Travel on the Expedition train
- See the site that is called the new spiritual center & One of the Seven Wonders of the world
- Learn the history of this sacred and ancient city
- Pick up and drop-off in you hotel of Cusco.
- Professional bilingual (English/Spanish) tour guide.
- Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo train station – Cusco.
- EXPEDITION Train round trip From Ollantaytambo to Aguas calientes – Ollantaytambo( Round Trip).
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (CONSETTUR), (round trip).
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- opcional entrance fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain (It depends on the availability of spaces).
- Tips (optional).
We recommend that you bring:
- You only need to carry a small day pack, with water to drink, camera and rain jacket or poncho / or change of weather gear, basic toiletries, hat for the sun , sunscream, insect repelent for mosquitoes and comfortable shoes or runners, some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs.
- Bring your original passport and your ISIC student card with you if you have booked as a student.
- Please be ready for your transfer from your hotel 45 mins before the train departure so as not to delay the transfer of other passengers.
- Remember you must take your bus down 45 -30 minutes before the departure time of your train.
- PeruRail train Company remind to bring a regular size day-pack.
- Please bring your original passport.