As your family prepares for summer holidays, there may well be discussions to plan a family reunion. The Caribbean is a great option for a destination family reunion. Sunny skies, relatively short travel times, a variety of recreational opportunities and luxurious resorts will appeal to almost everyone. If your family decides to get together in the sunny Caribbean, here are some tips to plan that perfect family holiday or reunion.
Family reunions provide a great opportunity to stay in touch, preserve traditions and celebrate accomplishments and milestones. While there are advantages to hosting a reunion close to home, you may find some family members prefer the allure of mixing a reunion with a vacation and the chance to truly unwind with those who matter most in life.
- Pick a destination with direct airlift from a number of major cities. While the destination may be relaxing, getting there can be a stressful (and costly) experience if convenient flights are not available or if family members are traveling from destinations that are susceptible to seasonal weather-related flight delays. Turks and Caicos is conveniently located only 1 hr 15 mins flight from Miami, 3 hrs from New York and 3.5 hrs from Toronto.
- Choose an island that offers services in the language your family members speak. It may seem exotic and adventurous to select some foreign destinations, but when you are planning a large group event, the novelty may quickly wear off if you constantly seeking services and materials that need to be translated.
- Choose a resort that offers suites with kitchen facilities, to provide families with flexibility at meal times. This is particularly important if family members are arriving from different time zones and “tummy clocks” are on different schedules.
- For best prices and service, travel in the shoulder season (typically late spring and summer). Most Caribbean destinations offer some of the best prices of the year, flights are readily available, and few businesses are closed for the “quiet” season.
- Plan Caribbean family reunion activities that suit people of all ages and abilities. The beach is a great place to hold family Olympics, bonfires, scavenger hunts, picnic lunches and more. It provides a convenient location for children to play while adults relax and talk.
Consider the Turks and Caicos for convenience and value for your Caribbean family reunion. Providenciales is easily accessible from major U.S. cities, and most resorts are located just a short 15 minute drive from the airport.
The Alexandra Resort offers spacious suites that are ideal for families, as well as 600 feet of frontage on world famous Grace Bay Beach. On-site conveniences supervised childcare, a free daily activity program, a large swimming pool, free non-motorized watersports and an on-site, oceanfront restaurant. Beach House is a 21-suite boutique resort also right on Grace Bay Beach complete with large, family style accommodations and complimentary watersports. Blue Haven Resort & Marina is located in Leeward and is home to some of the best water sports providers in the islands operating right out of the marina, and the location is the perfect spot for exploring all of the beautiful Turks & Caicos Islands.
Guests can also take a free dining and grocery shopping shuttle between all three Turks & Caicos Collection resorts.
Contact us to help you plan your perfect Caribbean family reunion!